Dentistry is about much more than just fixing teeth and removing pain. It has the potential to transform your smile and boost your confidence - especially with the help of the latest digital technology. At Ringley Park, we use CEREC®, an advanced digital system which facilitates the design, creation and fitting of restorations, such as a tooth crowns, in one simple visit!
Digital dentistry has made it possible to produce tooth restorations much faster than previously possible and it’s much more comfortable and convenient for our patients.
1. First, the tooth is examined to determine the appropriate treatment
2. Then the tooth is ‘prepared’ for the restoration, removing any decayed or weakened tooth tissue
3. A digital impression is taken with CEREC’s high-definition camera, which takes an image of your teeth in a matter of seconds, removing the need to take traditional impressions
4. The new tooth crown or filling is designed at the chairside by our experienced restorative dentists Henk and Simon, using digital software
5. Once complete, the design is electronically transmitted to a ‘milling machine’ which mills the crown in about 20 minutes
6. Your new, natural-looking crown is glazed in a furnace in the practice and fitted at the same appointment
There really are no drawbacks with a CEREC tooth crown; no second appointments, no temporary crowns whilst you wait for your final one to be created and no messy, uncomfortable conventional impressions. The material we use to create the crowns looks natural and blends in seamlessly with your adjacent healthy teeth. CEREC crowns are also very long-lasting, providing you look after them.
Our restorative clinicians, Dr Henk Freeke and Dr Simon Burgess, favour CEREC as it makes their work more efficient and crucially more accurate. Digital impressions give them much more detail which enables them to design a better-fitting, great-looking crown in a fraction of the time it takes using the analogue method.
If you require any restorative work, or are just fed up with the appearance of one or more of your teeth, now is the perfect time to act. Let us arrange an assessment and if you’re happy to go ahead, we’ll waste no time in creating the look you desire. We’ll make your treatment as quick and comfortable as possible so you can relax in our peaceful waiting room with a coffee and free Wi-Fi, whilst we manufacture your crown on the spot. What are you waiting for?
Ask Dr Freeke or Dr Burgess about CEREC today.
Ringley Park Dental Practice
59 Reigate Road
Surrey, RH2 0QZ
Other appointments may be available by prior arrangement
Phone: 01737 240123
Emergency appointments available
For your convenience we offer patients the ability to book appointments online.